Veterans life insurance

Electronic Health Record Modernization | VA Dayton Health Care

The Dayton VA and its community outpatient clinics are transitioning to the new Electronic Health Record (EHR) in early 2023. This is a veteran-centric approach that will better support service members as they transition from military service to military status. veteran.

VA Dayton Healthcare System is expected to launch the new VA Electronic Health Record (EHR) in March 2023.

If you are a veteran or family member receiving health care or direct benefits from VA and have changed your legal nameyou must update your new name with the Department of Defense (DOD) and with VA prior to transition.

Updating your legal name with DOD

To update your legal name in the DOD’s Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), you must send a written or faxed request to the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) and include the following information:

  1. Cover sheet/letter including:
    1. Your full SSN
    2. Brief statement of the name change and why the change is necessary
    3. Signature and return phone number
  2. Copies of two of the following documents:
    1. social security card
    2. Unexpired passport
    3. Marriage certificate
    4. Divorce certificate

All this information should be faxed to 800-336-4416 or by mail to:

Defense Workforce Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771

If you have any questions, you can also call the DMDC at 800-538-9552 (TTY: 866-363-2883), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET (closed holidays). Additional information can be found here: How do I change my name in my DEERS record? | Veterans Affairs (

Updating your legal name with VA

To update your legal name with VA for health care, you will need to send or deliver documents to the eligibility office at your local VA medical center. Please note that you will also need to provide confirmation for any name changes with each VA program office from which you receive direct benefits, including disability, education and training, home loans or housing assistance, life insurance, and pension.

You can find detailed instructions on changing your name on the VA website: / You can also call the Eligibility Department at Dayton VA Medical Center at 937-268-6511 ext. 5336 or 4105 if you need further assistance or have any questions.