For the editor:
I believe most people are so busy and exhausted with the demands of everyday life that they have little time to think about how to change the conditions of our lives. That is why we elect representatives. And I think we have a wonderful one with Lauren Underwood.
In health care alone, she developed and helped pass these laws:
• Its Health Care Affordability Act, passed as part of the Reducing Inflation Act, limits the cost of premiums for people who purchase their insurance to 8.5% or less of their income . It makes health care more affordable for 13 million people
• Its Lower Insulin Costs Act Now Act lowers insulin costs by helping to make cheaper generic insulin available sooner. More than one million people in Illinois live with type I or type II diabetes, that is. one in four elderly people and more and more children.
• Developed/sponsored the US Medical Supply Chain Act which analyzed our reliance on critical drugs/medical devices, which are sourced or produced outside of this country.
• Under her initiative, the Caring for Our Women Veterans Act was passed, which helps ensure that female veterans receive quality health care at VA facilities by requiring the department to report annually to Congress on the gender-specific care available at VA facilities.
• She developed the Veterans Care Quality Transparency Act, which helps ensure that VA health care providers and other veteran community care providers provide mental health and suicide prevention High quality.
This is a record of action we can build on and I urge you all to make your vote count in November by re-electing Lauren Underwood. She will listen to your concerns and continue to work to improve people’s medical lives and all aspects of our lives.